Sunday, May 23, 2010

What has been happening!!!!

I am probably one of the worst blog writer that you have ever read. It has been quite a few weeks since I have written about the goings on in our lives. Having three children is quite a different experience in my life. On top of all of this, we are packing and moving.

We have a contract on our house and close on this house and our new house on the 15th of June. So needless to say, our house is getting filled with boxes and blank walls. This is the first time I have packed with other people around. When I moved into John's house, I was able to pack at a slow steady pace, but with children you may get 20 minutes here and 5 minutes there. So what should take you a day or two, it takes you a week to get accomplished. I do not know how many times I have answered, " Mommy, what are you doing?", my response - "packing", their question "Why are you packing?", my response - "we are moving to our new house"

The girls are growing like crazy. Emma is trying very hard to be independent. She is a great helper with Jack. She loves to play with him and talk with him. She is a lover of learning. When Emma is boring, you can see it on her face. She loves to be provided with choices for meals and activities. She will say "Mom, give me choices".

Jessa is 2 1/2 going on 13. She loves to play games on our I-Touches. She can change around the pages on the Touch like a champ. She continues to love her little brother, however she is starting to notice that he is getting bigger and needing more attention, which she does not like. She will tell me that she is a baby and put on one of Jack's bibs and crawls around on the floor.

Jack is growing leaps and bounds. He is almost 20 lbs and 28 inches long. He is rolling all around and starting to scoot around the floor to get his toys. He is a very happy baby. We started food a couple of months ago, which he mastered quite well as you can tell by his weight and height. We are still controlling his reflux with meds which seems to be working quite well.

We took our first family vacation as a family of five. We took the auto train to Florida to visit Grandma and Grandpa Pieters. The trip down went quite well. We boarded that train at 2:30, leave the station at 4:00, dinner at 5:00, and bed at 8:00. Jessa was up a couple of times due to the noises of the wheels on the tracks, which so could hear by her head. We pulled into the station around 8:30 and we were on the road to Tampa by 10:00. We had a great visit with the Grandparents. The girls loved the pool. (will post pictures soon) The ride home was delayed by 4 hours due to a disabled freight train in South Carolina during the night.

I will post new picture in the next couple of days. Talk with you soon

2 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks so much for your update. You made up for lost time. Knowing how nutty things can be around here with 2 kids under age 4, I cannot imagine how you do it with 3 under 4!! And packing too? Eeek.
Good luck with your move.

Donna N

Donna said...

Oh, I'm an idiot. Now I see that your blog post is dated May 23. Just shows you how little time I've been spending catching up with our China travel group families.
Donna N